SHERI's RAINBOW NEWSLETTER
Changing my world one Rainbow at a time
Thank you Firebob22
All of the animations in the Rainbow compliments of
contact to join this interactive group>>> Luvmapetz@aol.com
My heart leaps up when I behold
A Rainbow in the sky - William Wordsworth
Thanks to NyteEnGale, Bible Researcher
Gina will always be loved and missed
SHERI's SUTHERN LIVIN'
Gator mating season ~ happens every year about this time and
the Gators get wild and crazy. So do the people but that's another story.
You'll see stories in the paper when they come into someone's house through the
cat or dog door or when someone opens their front door to an 11 ft. gator. It's
real and it happens. But think about this... they were here first.
RAINBOW HUGS BY PMCDan3997
Column will be sending out Rainbow Birthday Wishes from PMcdan3997.
Birthdays are put in as we received them. We try to get as close as we
can to your actual birthday. If you wish your birthday in the Rainbow,
please send about a week or two before your b'day and use this link:
To Send in Your Submission>>>>Rainbow Hugs Column
(All email addys are aol unless otherwise specified)
BirthVerse :: Scripture Verse for your Birthday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY APRIL BABIES
QUOTES, LINKS, SEASONAL LINKS
BITTS AND BYTES INDEX PAGE
by Regina Brett, 90 years old. "To celebrate growing older, I once
wrote the 45 lessons life taught me. It is the most requested column
I've ever written. My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is
the column once more":
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Change the way you think.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. Release your children when they become adults, its their life now
9. Save for retirement starting with your first pay cheque.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye.
16. Take a deep breath It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Just because you believe you are right, doesn't mean you are. Keep an open mind.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words 'In five years, will this matter?'
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. Your job is to love your children, not choose who they should love.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come... (Can’t wait to find out what! )
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."
FAM ILY AND KIDS
let your children surf the net alone. Always check links from this
column. I have checked them but they can be hacked between the time I
put them in and the time you read this.
KID's LINKSAll About
Alligators- Enchanted Learning Software
Alligator Facts for
Kids | eHow.com
Alligator Sounds - YouTube
FOR KIDS: Animal Buddies - Science News
Heavy Backpacks Give Kids Back Trouble - MedicineNet
Family and Child Online Safety Blog - SafetyClicks
An Inside Look at the Teen Brain
U.S. Measles Cases, Outbreaks Quadruple in 2011 - MedicineNet
Why I never let my kids ride the school bus
Do you want your kids to be smart about money? Follow these tips to get them started.
What every graduate will miss about their Mom.
Free Graduation Party Ideas
Planning a Special Graduation Day: Ideas
Graduation Day - crafts for kids, word searches, short stories & poems
Graduation Party Ideas | Punchbowl
Ideas for Project Graduation Activities
is an important event for high school seniors. It is a step up the
ladder of life that signals an end to childhood and the beginning of
adulthood. Project Graduation is an event that gives school officials,
parents and the community a chance to provide enjoyable activities for
students and steer them clear of drugs and alcohol. It provides a safe
place for each student to hang out with all of his friends, perhaps for
the last time.
Read more: Ideas for Project Graduation Activities
Graduation Announcements Cards, Free Graduation Announcements eCards, Greetings from 123greetings.com
is only a concept. In real life every day you graduate. Graduation is a
process that goes on until the last day of your life.
If you can grasp that, you'll make a difference."
~ Arie Pencovici
GO ASK ALICE!
If you would like to subscribe to Alice's newsletter, go here
Subscribe to GoAskAlice@aol.com
JMcCOR NACK's WORLD
John.....saving memories for us all
Car insurance comparison | Insure.com
Looking for a bargain?
Reviews of Cheap Products | Cheapism
Here are all 10 best states for retirement according to Money-Rates.com:
8. South Dakota
AttorneyFee.com | Find affordable attorneys
to stop text spam: Why cellphone spam is on the rise and what you can
do about it. - Slate Magazine
SurfEasy | Private & Secure Web Browsing On Any Computer and Network
How to Tell If an Email Is a Phishing Scam - Computerworld
HowStuffWorks Videos "Mythbusters Guys Talk Computer History"#mkcpgn=em6
HOME AND GARDEN
Fighting Kitchen Germs: Dos and Don'ts to Avoid Cold and Flu, Bacteria, Food Poisoning
Best Cleaning Tips and Tricks | RealSimple.com
The Complete Guide to Crepe Myrtles - Southern Living
Around the World Photo Gallery: Flowers & Gardens | Away.com
MEDICAL AND HEALTH
May is National Melanoma Month
When a doctor falls ill,
another doctor doctors the doctor.
Does the doctor doctoring the doctor
doctor the doctor in his own way, or does
the doctor doctoring the doctor doctor
the doctor in the doctored
US hospitals, including children's hospitals, continue to serve
McDonald's fast food in their cafeterias
Discovery Health "Fact or Fiction: Medical Old Wives' Tales"
Vitamin K: Is it OK for you? by Susan Sloane | Diabetic Connect
Get Rid of Back Pain in Just 7 Minutes a Day - Bottom Line Publications
Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: Prevention and Treatment Ideas | Diabetic Connect
Tips to Save Money on Prescription Drugs
If you can't afford your meds
Breast Cancer Study Could Change Treatment - MedicineNet
Taking a trip down memory lane
American Bandstand goes national — History.com This Day in History — 8/5/1957
My Way Andre Rieu on his violin in New York - YouTube
These surprises rock my soul
The Voice Australia: Rachael Leahcar sings La Vie En Rose - YouTube
Who knew he could sing?
Kevin Costner & Modern West - "Angels Came Down" - YouTube
PETS AND ANIMALS
Blessed are the purrr and gurrr of heart
Caring for Your Older Dog
This really worries me...I still see this stuff in grocery stores. If it comes from China, don't feed it to your pets!
Alert: Salmonella found in Diamond Pet Foods - Home & Food - Home & Family - Catholic Online
Salmonella in dog food sickens 14 people across US
[YES, PEOPLE! People can get infected by touching the dog food and not washing their hands!]
North American Bear Center
Best Dogs for Families: Which Breed Is Best for Your Brood?
No one knows how it got to Florida but it's here.
The Cat House ::
Cat Aging - How to Help Your Cat Live Longer and Increase His Potential Life Span
Saving Valentina.6.8.11.h264.mov - YouTube
Alarm clock--Dog do this too....Mine sits on my head ...I call it dog hat. Reveille toi!
"And away from the dinner table I was introduced to dog meat (tough), snake meat (tougher) and roasted grasshopper (crunchy)."
Why does my cat bite when I pet her? | MNN - Mother Nature Network
Pit Bulls: What's Hype, What's Not
Dogs Help and Information
Don’t Adopt From A Shop ~STOP PUPPY MILLS
Traveling with Toddlers
Gatorland's Screamin' Gator Zip Line
Florida EcoSafaris - Zip-Line Outdoor Adventure Tour in Orlando | Florida Travel + Life
Book Well Ahead to Save Money on Airfare - NYTimes.com
Top Picks | Southern Spring Wildflower Road Trips
WHAT'CHA GOT COOKIN'
May the spatula be with you.....
In Sheri's Kitchen...
I preheat a memory.
I fold in old friends with new.
I bake a good laugh
The correct way to treat a good wine...
Open the bottle to allow it to breathe.
If it doesn't look like it's breathing, give it mouth-to-mouth resuscitation.
The Truth About Washing Greens - Watch WebMD Video
Health Tip: Buy Lean Meat - MedicineNet
The Truth About Garlic - Bottom Line Publications
8 Food Frauds on Your Shopping List - SmartMoney.com
Good to know!
How to Store Fruits and Vegetables | Real Simple
How To Cook Mustard, Collard & Beet Greens : TipNut.com
Everyday Food Recipes, Quick Easy Meals, Quick and Easy Recipes, Easy Cooking Recipes and More from RecipeLion.com
Creamsicle's were my most favorite thing in the whole world when I was a kid
Creamsicle Cheesecake Recipe
1 graham cracker pie crust
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice
1 can sweetened condensed milk
10 ounces Cool Whip
cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and orange juice with mixer.
Fold in Cool Whip. Pour into crust and chill 1 hour. Enjoy.
My recipe for cooking fresh spinach. Once you taste this, you'll never go back to frozen
WASH spinach leaves no matter if they say it's already been washed.
Slice an onion and put in a non-aluminum pot (aluminum pots make spinach bitter, who knew?)
a little olive oil and cook until the onion is just beginning to
cook. Add a little white wine or chicken broth or even
water... just a tiny bit.
Start adding spinach leaves quickly stirring with a wooden spoon just until the spinach is wilted.
That's it folks. It's just too delicious to talk about
JOKES AND CARTOONS
Give me a sense of humor, Lord,
Give me the grace to see a joke,
To get some humor out of life,
And to pass it on to other folks.
high school boys afflicted with spring fever skipped morning classes.
After lunch they reported to the teacher that they had a flat tire.
to their relief she smiled and said: "Well, you missed a test today so
take seats apart from one another and take out a piece of paper."
Still smiling, she waited for them to sit down. Then she said:
"First Question: Which tire was flat?"
is a Yiddish word meaning gall, brazen nerve, effrontery, sheer guts
plus arrogance; No other word, and no other language, can do it
justice. Example . . .
little old lady sold pretzels on a
street corner for a dollar each. Every day a young man would leave his
office building at lunch time and as he passed the pretzel stand he
would leave her a dollar, but never take a pretzel. This
charitable gesture went on for more than 3 years. The two of them never
day as the young man passed the old lady's stand and left his dollar as
usual, the pretzel lady spoke to him. Without blinking an eye, she
said: "They're a dollar and a quarter now."
How Blessed is the Nation whose God is the Lord Ps33:12
Diamond Rio: In God We Still Trust - YouTube
Return to May Index
Return to Main Index
SHERI BRITT (aka SherisRainbow, Prism1603) IS A MEMBER THE FOLLOWING GROUPS
HARMONY EDITOR AND AWARD GROUP
Harmony Editors Group Home Page
Maggies555, owner, membership officer.
The Knights of Kindness
The HTML Writers Guild
HUMANE SOCIETY OF THE UNITED STATES MILLENNIUM LEADERSHIP COUNCIL
LoveNRainbows ~§heri 4DY
Sheri's Rainbow©CreativeCopyright 1995-2012
Prism1603@aol.com and SHERIs RAINBOW@aol.com, All rights reserved
US CODE: Title 17,107. Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use
10 Big Myths about copyright explained